Snowmobile Training – Operator Competency
- Audience: Anyone who is, or maybe, required to snowmobile equipment
- Object: Provide a certified operator competency course with hands-on operation time. Classroom theory and experience. Competency test at the conclusion
- Content: These are in class field operation courses designed to teach students basic safe operating techniques for the related off-road unit. Student operating proficiency will be tested at the conclusion of the course.
- Cost: $300/student plus machine rental if required. Minimum of 4 students per session.
- Certificate Awarded: Snowmobile Training – Portage College – WCB Recognized
- Time: 8-10 hours depending on number of students.
- Availability and Schedule:
- Once per month Snowmobile scheduled for Nisku, Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray. Schedule is posted on our Training Calendar and reminder blogs and updates sent out monthly (See schedule for location)
- On demand (at one of our sites or your location) with 5 days working notice (subject to minimum fees). An additional fee of $100 per student will be charged for less than 5 days notice.
- Syllabus-Topics covered in the course include:
- Required clothing: Please call for course field requirements. Each participant can bring his or her own Snowmobile in safe, serviceable condition or rent a unit provided by Pioneer Rentals. Each course participant must come equipped with the following PPE items.
- sturdy, above the ankle winter boots,
- DOT approved helmet,
- Riding goggles (or visor on helmet),
- Winter gloves
- Weather resistant pants
- Winter jacket. Courses proceeds “in all weather,” so come prepared for the weather
For more information contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 780-454-1010